Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Test Center Review] Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida(USA)

kimpg_66kimpg_66 Alum Member

Date Taken: Dec. 2nd, 2017

Proctors: Really great. Timing was perfect. I had a watch that I started as soon as the proctor started and they were correct on timing down to the second. It's mostly law students (we had four in our room) with an administrator over-seeing all four rooms.

Facilities: FSU College of Law.

What kind of room: Large, lecture-style classroom. They had four rooms, broken down by last name. Very well organized and easy to find.

How many in the room: 50ish

Desks: Those long, connected desks. Plenty of room. I was spread out and never ran into the girl beside me. They put one seat between each test.

Left-handed accommodation: Maybe? I'm a lefty and was placed in the last seat on the left hand side (so no risk of me hitting another student) but that might have just been a coincidence. It really wasn't needed.

Noise levels: Very quiet. I was a little concerned about the break, but it seems like all the rooms got out at right at the same time.

Parking: Horrible. It was game day. The civic center and a parking garage were open--for $10, but I didn't have my wallet. They didn't reserve any parking for test takers. So I had to park on street parking a good two/three blocks away and run. Get there with PLENTY of time. Parking was the most stressful part of the test for me; I was the last one in the room because it took so long to find parking

Time elapsed from arrival to test: Checked in was closed at 8:30 (I think that I checked in at 8:29 haha). With instructions and everything I think we started around 9:15. Very quick.

Irregularities or mishaps: 0. They knew what they were doing and were very professional.

Other comments: There was a clock at the front of the room, but it happened to not be visible from where I sat. There was also one at the back. They didn't "reset" the clocks, so be prepared to bring your own watch if you need to check the time remaining. Temperature was fine, no issues there. The lines for the bathroom (specifically girls) was horrendous because they started out by making the ~125 girls use only the three-stall bathroom on the lower level. And all the rooms took break at the same time. The head proctor did decide it was okay for us girls to go upstairs to the 2nd floor bathroom, which alleviated the line a little bit. I'm just glad I was one of the first up there otherwise I wouldn't have been able to eat my snack.

Would you take the test here again? Yup! Great testing environment. Next time I would get there quite a bit earlier however due to parking.