Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

still unclear on this

lsat 1101lsat 1101 Alum Member
in General 267 karma

For those of who've taken the exam a couple times, if you do worse on your subsequent tries... I'm still unclear how all that plays out, I understand law schools are able to see all your previous scores, but if your most recent ones are worse, do they look at the most recent scores to make a determination or do they look at your highest score?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"lsat 1101" said:
    For those of who've taken the exam a couple times, if you do worse on your subsequent tries... I'm still unclear how all that plays out, I understand law schools are able to see all your previous scores, but if your most recent ones are worse, do they look at the most recent scores to make a determination or do they look at your highest score?

In the states, most schools seem to only care about your highest, even if you score less on your most recent test. In Canada, it's a bit different.

• TabbyG123TabbyG123 Member
    711 karma

Ditto what Alex said.

Having a later, lower score might confuse your readers and they might have a question or two about it. If there is a significant difference between the score (and I'd put that at maybe even 4, possibly even 3 point difference), I would write an addendum explaining why your later score was lower.

• lsat 1101lsat 1101 Alum Member
    267 karma

Thanks, it's good to keep that in mind. I have no idea how i did though I feel better than last time. 3 or 4 points wow.. when i read on here about people who've taken the lsat on Saturday and planning ahead to take it in February too, is that because they're sure their scores won't fluctuate greatly? I don't understand why a change that small would be best to include an addendum..isn't it expected that scores will tend to fluctuate by a couple points...