Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Test Center Review] Marriott, Walnut Creek CA

LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
edited December 2017 in Test Center Reviews 13286 karma

Proctors: Been the same lead proctor for all 3 attempts I have taken it here. He was in charge of the Sept 2016, Sept 2017 and Dec 2017 test. He is a really cool and fairly relaxed if not forgetful guy. He forgets little details, like telling us it was okay to open our books to fill out our names on the answer sheet. They will accommodate everyone the best they can for medical purposes (eye drops etc) They generally do not talk at all during the test.

Facilities: It's a Marriott, typical hotel. The test area is in the basement area of the hotel. The bathrooms are close, but small. Male's had no issue getting in and out of the bathroom. There was generally a large line during the break for the female bathroom.

What kind of room: Huge ballroom with lots of space. They have an analog clock hung dead center, however people in the back might not be able to see it.

How many in the room: About 75 people.

Desks: Large desks, with plenty of space, one person per desk. There were about 75 people taking the test and there were still 10 extra desks that were not used. The surface of the desks can be rough but they put blank white cardboard plates down that you can write on!

Left-handed accommodation: No need.

Noise levels: Quiet, other than an occasional sneeze and the pencils of frantic LSAT takers mapping out a LG.

Parking: Can be a hassle. They have valet parking, but who wants to pay? Walnut Creek BART station is close though and free to park at during the weekend. I parked here and walked to the test all three times I took it.

Time elapsed from arrival to test: From check-in at 8:30 it takes about an hour to start the actual test. Once everyone is in the room and the instructions given you will start. Don't expect to start until around 9:30am (but be there early!)

Irregularities or mishaps: None

Other comments: Great place in the Bay Area to take the test. I've taken 3 here and have never had an issue!

Would you take the test here again? I did. 3 times.

Date[s] of Exam[s]:
Sept 2016, Sept 2017, Dec 2017