Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where do I have my personal statement and CV checked without spending hundreds?

olioliberolioliber Alum Member
in General 729 karma

I'm about to start writing my personal statement, cv, and diversity statement. I would like a professional to have a look at it. Someone who knows a lil bit about law school stuff. Unfortunately, I don't have hundreds to blow, and going to a school English tutor seems pointless.
I live in Columbus oh. Does anyone know about law school admission peeps in my area who could lend a hand?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

My pre law advisor during undergrad offered to read mine. If you're still in UG, you could try that option!

• olioliberolioliber Alum Member
    729 karma

I graduated and never attended any pre-law :( thank you for the advice!

• olioliberolioliber Alum Member
    729 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:
    My pre law advisor during undergrad offered to read mine. If you're still in UG, you could try that option!

• CurlyQQQCurlyQQQ Alum Member
    295 karma

I'd seek out maybe one of your English major friends! I do this all the time for my friends. Also it helps to read your personal statement out loud to various audiences. If it reads weird or doesn't flow then back to the drawing board.

• SerenityFalconSerenityFalcon Alum Member
    86 karma

Once you're ready with a good solid draft, post a "resume swap" invitation on this discussion thread. I just exchanged resumes with a fellow 7Sager for free, and got valuable feedback! Others are in the same boat as you, not wanting to spend lots $$$ for a pair of eyes. You could also do a "PS swap" although I don't know if it would sell as well.

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

7Sage!

• ajcarlton5ajcarlton5 Alum Member
    36 karma

Even if you're not in undergrad, you can probably still contact your undergrad school and see if their pre-law advisors are willing to help you. That's what I did, and mine has been incredibly helpful!

• ajcarlton5ajcarlton5 Alum Member
    36 karma

*I also never did any pre-law during undergrad