Redacted

1000001910000019 Alum Member
edited April 2020 in Off-topic 3279 karma

Redacted

Comments

• dml277dml277 Alum Member
    775 karma

I'd keep it consistent to be on the safe side.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@dml277 said:
    I'd keep it consistent to be on the safe side.

Yeah, I'd go with American english and keep it consistent.

• kimpg_66kimpg_66 Alum Member
    1617 karma

Honestly, it would look more "phony" to read an American essay to an American school with British spelling, y'know? It makes me think of people who come back from an extended period of time somewhere (the south, midwest, etc) and all of a sudden they have an accent haha. It's happened to me, I know. Is it technically wrong? No. But it might leave an odd taste in the Adcom's mouth.

If you're applying to American schools, you should be consistently using American english

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited December 2017 23929 karma

@kimmy_m66 said:
    Honestly, it would look more "phony" to read an American essay to an American school with British spelling, y'know? It makes me think of people who come back from an extended period of time somewhere (the south, midwest, etc) and all of a sudden they have an accent haha. It's happened to me, I know. Is it technically wrong? No. But it might leave an odd taste in the Adcom's mouth.

If you're applying to American schools, you should be consistently using American english

Ha! My friend studied abroad and definitely came back with a bit of an accent LMAO :sweat_smile:

But, yeah, I agree with your assessment of it coming across as possibly "phony."

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to change my spelling at the end.

• acsimonacsimon Alum Member
    1269 karma

The fact that this even matters is depressing.