Redacted

1000001910000019 Alum Member
edited April 2020 in Off-topic 3279 karma

Redacted

Comments

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

Bump. Any other staff that can comment on this?

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7262 karma

So sorry about the delay!

By “one version,” we mean that after we finish, say, a three-page draft, we cannot do another draft with you for schools that require 500-word statements.

On the other hand, if you submit a first draft that just isn’t working, don’t worry—you’re not stuck! We’ll work with you to find a better topic.

We usually give you big-picture feedback on your first draft or two—helping you find the best topic and the right structure—and slowly funnel down to more specific issues of language. We don’t proofread your draft at all in the beginning, because there’s no point correcting sentences that might change. Once we’re confident that the essay is as good as we can make it, we’ll give it one final scrub for grammar and usage issues. That’s the final proofread.

There is no time-limit on the process.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

@"David.Busis" said:
    So sorry about the delay!

By “one version,” we mean that after we finish, say, a three-page draft, we cannot do another draft with you for schools that require 500-word statements.

On the other hand, if you submit a first draft that just isn’t working, don’t worry—you’re not stuck! We’ll work with you to find a better topic.

We usually give you big-picture feedback on your first draft or two—helping you find the best topic and the right structure—and slowly funnel down to more specific issues of language. We don’t proofread your draft at all in the beginning, because there’s no point correcting sentences that might change. Once we’re confident that the essay is as good as we can make it, we’ll give it one final scrub for grammar and usage issues. That’s the final proofread.

There is no time-limit on the process.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

@"David.Busis"
    Thank you for taking the time to explain that to me.