Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Withdrew from Sept but burned through PT's..How to keep studying for Dec?

kelsey.rkelsey.r Alum Member
edited September 2014 in General 62 karma
I took the June test which was a terrible mistake. I scored a 146 because I was very foolish and studied for 3 weeks. The LSAT is a beast and I had no idea what I was up against. It was a humbling experience to say the least. Anyways, after the test I signed up for the Powerscore class...incredibly expensive...it finished and a few weeks ago I was scoring in the mid 150's. It is ok, I guess. I found 7sage only 3 weeks ago and its amazing how much I have learned in very little time (now scoring high 150's/low 160's). Things are just finally starting to click. Concepts I have been confused on for months with Powerscore. I decided I am going to withdraw from tomorrow's test and take it in December. In the last few days my score has gone up a few points because of 7sage...why not wait 2 more months with the chance for it to go up a few more points, or at least make sure my highest scores now are solid and reliable.

Here is the problem....between the Powerscore course this summer, the 'studying' for June's test and just on my own, I have burned through most of the recent PT's. With all the courses I have paid for I virtually have almost every practice test....but the most recent ones I have already taken. I am not sure how I should continue studying until December. I am using the scheduler on this site and I just want to jump ahead because Im not starting from a fresh place of no studying. I want to keep up with doing a PT once or twice a week but the scheduler doesn't have PT's start for at least a few weeks. Should I just rely on all the PTs from the mid 2000's? Should I wait weeks and just use the few (maybe 2) recent ones I still have left? Should I say screw it and redo tests as if they were new? Really upset I burned through so many.

Any opinions would be really appreciated! Thanks guys!

Comments

• aidan123aidan123 Alum Member
    edited September 2014 11 karma
    You should be OK using the PTs from the mid 2000's or even earlier. The last time the LSAT substantively changed (to my knowledge) was in 2007 when the Comparative Reading was introduced. Other than that, the test has stayed mostly the same throughout the years.
  • kelsey.rkelsey.r Alum Member
    62 karma
    Thank you! I plan to use the earliest ones for logic game drills and the other sections as adding in a 5th section here and there.
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    check this video out... it might help:
    3438 karma
    Mind you what he advocates is not for everyone
    3438 karma
    And it is certainly not what Jon and J.Y. would recommend.
    62 karma
    Awesome! Thank you so much...that video was helpful. Worries me how much he stresses to only take it once seeing as I already messed that up. First time was so awful and it will be a burden I have to overcome. Maybe I will add in an explanation paper in my applications. Honesty is always good, right? Ha the truth is that I was ignorant of what a beast this test is. I have always done well in school and testing in particular. It humbled me in that sense and I have spent 20-30 hours a week since June 9th(I instantly knew I would be taking it again) studying and working very hard to do well on this the second time around.

Thanks again for the video!
    3438 karma
    Well he took it twice and as of now, it only matters how high your highest score is... don't worry... it will be just fine ;) I'm taking it again as well... I was supposed to retake this administration... but a grandparent passed away and I am in no state to take the test... I'll take it in December... thankfully I have enough material left to keep me going... pt's 1 - 6, 17,39,40,41,42,60,61,62,63,65,66,67,68,70,72 and now with this administration 73. Also, you might be interested in this courtesy @Litian.Chen : http://www.pearsonvueindia.com/lsatindia/official-test-preparation/
    3438 karma
    the India LSAT is fundamentally the same test written by the same company and the only thing different about it is the 'Indian'ization of the context.
    3438 karma
    and the link gives you 4 additional practice tests to work on your logic skills with
    62 karma
    I am so sorry to hear about your grandparent passing :( as if that isn't hard enough alone...add it into LSAT, some things just are not fair....the materials you have left are awesome! 72 sure is tough, that was the one I took officially and I have since retaken it on my own. I still did somewhat decent on my own but it was rough. I am hoping it was a mind thing because it was my actual test.

Thank you for that link! I am downloading the PTS on there now. Thank you!!!!