Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Waitlisted by first choice

rogersalexandra7rogersalexandra7 Alum Member
in General 213 karma

Hi! I was waitlisted by my first choice school:/I applied early decision, Ive already toured the campus, sat in a class and met with the Dean of Students so Im not sure as to what more I can do besides sending in a LOCI, does anyone have any advice or tips on being waitlisted? TYA!!!!!!!!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited December 2017 23929 karma

@rogersalexandra7 said:
    Hi! I was waitlisted by my first choice school:/I applied early decision, Ive already toured the campus, sat in a class and met with the Dean of Students so Im not sure as to what more I can do besides sending in a LOCI, does anyone have any advice or tips on being waitlisted? TYA!!!!!!!!

The best thing you can do is take the Feb LSAT (and score higher) if possible. If you score higher, you'll have a much better chance of getting off the waitlist. Also, as you mentioned above, a correctly timed LOCI can be very helpful, too.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

I agree with Alex. If you get a higher score from the feb test, you may have a higher chance of getting off the WL. I've heard of people using the June test for such a thing too (but more so for scholarship negotiations). But I'd say the feb test over June since you'd get a score in march which is still when school's seats are not majorly filled as opposed to July.

If you decide to take the feb test, send your LOCI after you get your score. I think with the score and LOCI they will have more to go off of. But if you don't take feb then I'm not sure when you should send in your LOCI, maybe someone else can weigh in on that but if I had to guess, I'd say maybe January would be when you submit one since you just got WL'd. If they waitlisted you, they probably want to get a better feel for the applicant pool after dec scores come out though, so yeah I'd say most likely around January you might submit one.

• rogersalexandra7rogersalexandra7 Alum Member
    213 karma

Thank you!!!! @Alex Divine @TheMikey