Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Drill by type or by section?

louis2014louis2014 Alum Member
edited October 2015 in General 190 karma
By today I finished 10 PTs. LSAT Analytics reads that my accuracy in Flaw is 40% ! I was planning to do section by section drilling but after seeing this number I thought I probably need to drill Flaw type questions from the Cambridge Bundle. What do you say?

I think that I am good at Flaw questions especially after finishing The Trainer, but still this what LSAT Analytics shows. The number is reflecting older PTs which were taken before reading The Trainer. My worst types are NA and Flaw.

Thank you very much

Comments

• DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    Flaw descriptive questions go beyond just identifying the flaw. It also requires being able to translate abstract language of the answers into the more tangible language of the stimulus. I think drilling flaw questions and method of reasoning questions can really help develop that skill.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    I'd also recommend shifting your analytics to show just the more recent PTs so you know what more recent trends are and not just the overall performance from day one. If you suck at Flaws for 10 PTs and then take 5 more and nail all the Flaw questions, the overall analytics will likely still say you need to address your Flaw skills, which may not be the best course of action at that point. After BR I usually check analytics for that test alone, recent 5 and recent 10 just to see how the trends are really moving. You might suck at Weakening questions but then take a test with only two and they were easy so then it looks like you're 100% on those, but again that's not necessarily the whole story.
  • louis2014louis2014 Alum Member
    190 karma
    Thank you very much @DumbHollywoodActor and @Pacifico . I will drill flaw by question. I didn't know that I can select what PT to include in the analytics, so thank you for that. I selected the last 5 and I apparently suck at flaw questions :( It is 51% for the last 5 while it is 40% for the whole 10. Still bad but at least some tiny improvement.

Quick question: the analytics doesn't reflect your BR, right?
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    @louis2014 said:
    the analytics doesn't reflect your BR, right?
    The BR is shown in certain contexts, but not for every different feature on the analytics (e.g.- the charts for each section).
  • NathanialNathanial Alum Member
    124 karma
    Just adding to this: How long ( amount of questions) should one drill a specific section for? Just wanted others thoughts on this. Cheers
  • GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma
    I usually go in sets of five with a 7:30 time limit. Also, be sure you're drilling either complete sections or at least mix up your flaw drilling by throwing some other question types in that you might be struggling with. This will keep you adept to changing gears on the fly from type to type. I like making sections up from misses from my top three or four types that I struggle with the most. In your case, make up a section during your drilling that has two or three question types in it and just make it 70% flaw. You're putting in work drilling what you need, but you're keeping yourself used to changing gears on the fly. Just a thought...