Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saving time on Logic Games by not reading every answer choice

GukmonsterGukmonster Member
So the title pretty much is my question. I understand that when practicing logic games it is helpful to prove each wrong answer choice. But during the actual LSAT, would it be more time efficient to just pick the right answer choice based on the game board inferences and move on? Or would is it worth the time to make sure the other answer choices are wrong?

For example, if I see on my board game inferences that answer choice A is right, should I just move to the next question without reading the other answer choices? or should I still read them to make sure that answer choice A is right. Thanks!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @Gukmonster said:
    For example, if I see on my board game inferences that answer choice A is right, should I just move to the next question without reading the other answer choices? or should I still read them to make sure that answer choice A is right. Thanks!
    I'd at least read every answer choice for LG because sometimes the answer can be correct, but not complete. For example, sometimes it will ask:

Which one of the following Espresso flavors can be offered on Tuesday mornings?
    A. Arabica, Mocha, Colombian
    B. Chai, Vanilla
    C. Arabica, Mocha, Colombian, Chai
    D. Almond
    E. Vanilla, Arabica, Almond

If the answer is (C) you could have very well picked (A) and moved on because it is technically correct, but not complete.

What I'll do is go through them all, and circle any questions I answer but don't have time to prove out. But I do make sure to at least look at every answer choice.
  • legal_namelegal_name Alum Member
    edited October 2016 277 karma
    I would only add that it also depends largely on how much you trust your boards. In the past I have made errors during the set-up stage where I forgot to take into account an additional board. However, reading through all possible answers (specifically during CBT/MBF) made me realize I missed a variation and allowed me to quickly ammend.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"legal_name" said:
    owever, reading through all possible answers (specifically during CBT/MBF) made me realize I missed a variation and allowed me to quickly ammend.
    Great point! I have done that a few times myself! Haha. I get to the last AC and I'm like, wait? WTF? Oh yeah.... I guess X can be in 5th place .. or something like that.

This affirms my opinion that it is at least useful to look at and consider each answer choice. The LSAC designs the test full of trick answers that look right. They want you to pick A and move on. Remember that, OP!
  • Stevie CStevie C Alum Member
    645 karma
    Totally depends on how fast you are. Some people are fast enough to have time leftover to eliminate all answers. On LR I'm fast enough to do this. But on LG I'm not.