Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Studying for February LSAT while waiting for Dec score

nadiaj17nadiaj17 Member
in General 35 karma

Hi everyone! I'm pretty new to 7sage, but I've been reading a lot of the discussion posts and they are so incredibly helpful, so thank you for that!! I just took the December LSAT, and I had also signed for the February LSAT--- just in case things didn't go well. For those who are waiting for their scores and potentially planning on taking the test in February, how are you all studying? I admit I haven't been devoting the same number of hours studying as I was during the months leading up to December 2nd. I think it's partially due to the fact that I am waiting in anticipation for my scores, but I'm also trying to balance working on the soft factors of my law school applications as well. If any of you have any insight or experience with studying while waiting for your scores, I would greatly appreciate them! :)

Comments

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

@nadiaj17 said:
    Hi everyone! I'm pretty new to 7sage, but I've been reading a lot of the discussion posts and they are so incredibly helpful, so thank you for that!! I just took the December LSAT, and I had also signed for the February LSAT--- just in case things didn't go well. For those who are waiting for their scores and potentially planning on taking the test in February, how are you all studying? I admit I haven't been devoting the same number of hours studying as I was during the months leading up to December 2nd.

Same here. Apparently because of the stress and distraction it is quite common to not put as many hours in studying. One thing I started to do recently is to put LSAT back on my calendar and during a specific time. I am starting small. For example currently I want to put 4 hours into LSAT. I put that time on my calendar and reserve it for LSAT. Then during that time I force myself to sit on my desk and only do LSAT. Hopefully as I get better and into habit for studying I can build from there and reach the same amount of hours I was doing before December test.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

@Sami said:

@nadiaj17 said:
    Hi everyone! I'm pretty new to 7sage, but I've been reading a lot of the discussion posts and they are so incredibly helpful, so thank you for that!! I just took the December LSAT, and I had also signed for the February LSAT--- just in case things didn't go well. For those who are waiting for their scores and potentially planning on taking the test in February, how are you all studying? I admit I haven't been devoting the same number of hours studying as I was during the months leading up to December 2nd.

Same here. Apparently because of the stress and distraction it is quite common to not put as many hours in studying. One thing I started to do recently is to put LSAT back on my calendar and during a specific time. I am starting small. For example currently I want to put 4 hours into LSAT. I put that time on my calendar and reserve it for LSAT. Then during that time I force myself to sit on my desk and only do LSAT. Hopefully as I get better and into habit for studying I can build from there and reach the same amount of hours I was doing before December test.

This is a great idea! Thanks @Sami (and @nadiaj17 for starting this thread!)

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

I was actually waiting for Sami to comment on this thread because I haven't been able to devote the same number of hours either! lol

• nadiaj17nadiaj17 Member
    35 karma

I agree with @akistotle; that is such a smart idea! I feel if I actually start writing a designated time to study for the test in my schedule, I'll actually do it haha. Thank you so much @Sami and good luck!

edited December 2017 10774 karma

@akistotle said:
    I was actually waiting for Sami to comment on this thread because I haven't been able to devote the same number of hours either! lol

lol Here I was thinking you were already studying at least 8 hours a day and I was lagging behind.

edited December 2017 10774 karma

@nadiaj17 said:
    I agree with @akistotle; that is such a smart idea! I feel if I actually start writing a designated time to study for the test in my schedule, I'll actually do it haha. Thank you so much @Sami and good luck!

No problem. It's just an idea and I hope its helpful. :)