Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The same score 3 times in a row

Hannah56Hannah56 Alum Member
in General 224 karma

So I just received my Dec score. I was scored one point lower than my June & Sept score ( which were exactly the same). How do you think adcomms will look at it? the score is in the 150's. Do you think I should write an addendum?

Comments

• calcal101calcal101 Alum Member
    582 karma

I would only write an addendum if you really think you'll have something substantive to say. In other words, if your practice test scores were going up significantly, but then you got very sick the night before the exam, that could be worthwhile to note. Otherwise, just apply! Don't think this is the end of the world. It's not as though your score plummeted! Best of luck

• lawschool33lawschool33 Member
    100 karma

I feel you. I got a 151 on the September test even though I was PTing at 160. During the December test, I had an upper respiratory infection (and was having lady problems, if you know what I mean), and I scored a 153. Even though it’s not my best work, I’m not taking it again and already submitted my apps because I don’t want to come across and whiny or trying to make excuses that might be perceived as hollow. If you don’t think you have a good reason, don’t write an addenda.

• BlaineC30BlaineC30 Alum Member
    10 karma

I understand the frustration. I feel it too. I scored basically the exact same for the second time. You don't really have anything to lose besides a little money from trying again in February though if you think that you can make some improvement. That a little jump from a 153 to a 156 can be pretty substantive.