Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

9 point increase in 6 weeks!

Nicolas1997Nicolas1997 Member
in General 40 karma

When I first received my score from the September LSAT, I was discouraged. I scored a 151, well below my expectations. Powerscore simply wasn't working for me. I made the switch to 7sage, which might have been the best thing I could have done honestly. J.Y makes things so easy to understand, and it really helped me better myself at LR and RC.
Anyways, ended up with a 160 on this LSAT.
Moral of the story, YOU CAN DO IT! You can definitely increase your totals before February, I have faith in each and every one of you.
:)

Comments

• michelle901michelle901 Alum Member
    64 karma

Same story!
    I scored a 151 in September, way below my PT average and I was devastated. Switched from Powerscore to 7Sage and just got my December score of 162!!! That's an 11 point increase in less than three months!

So like you said before, anyone can do it! Don't let anyone tell you it's impossible because it's not!

• Nicolas1997Nicolas1997 Member
    40 karma

Good job my friend, and good luck in law school!!

64 karma

Thank you! Congratulations to you as well! Kinda wish we both knew about 7Sage earlier but everything happens for a reason right ;)

• Nicolas1997Nicolas1997 Member
    40 karma

Oh definitely! I used 7sage for my LG's beforehand, which helped me score a perfect score on the September LSAT. After getting my score, I decided to sign up for this course. Best 170$ I could have spent lol :D

• CourtG0902CourtG0902 Member
    edited December 2017 81 karma

@Nicolas1997 @dudleym12345 You both provide hope after a disappointing score today! Would you be willing to share your study strategy? I purchased 7Sage just before the December LSAT and only got through a small portion before test day. Did you just push through the whole program or did you develop your own plan with such limited time? Thanks!

edited December 2017 64 karma

@Nicolas1997 that is amazing you got a perfect score on LG!! Very impressive :open_mouth: Just curious, how long did you study for the Sept test and how long did it take for you to full proof LG?
    And I totally agree with you, the $170 was worth every penny. It's crazy that Powerscore charges $175 PER MONTH.

@"gately.courtney" I went through the 7Sage starter pack and completed the core curriculum. It took me about a month and a half. The first two weeks I only did the curriculum, so I could solely focus on the content and took detailed notes of everything.
    Then I started doing a practice test once a week.
    I actually used the practice tests I downloaded through Powerscore since they had newer tests than the 7Sage starter package, and I didn't want to pay extra for newer test explanations from 7Sage (sorry I'm cheap).
    After the practice test I would take 2-3 days to review all the missed questions on my test. I used this website for explanations:
    https://lsathacks.com/explanations/
    I was really generous with my time reviewing. I always wrote down the explanations next to the answer choices and really focused on why the other answer choices were wrong, not only why the correct answer was correct.

While going through the 7sage course I printed out all of the problem sets and would go over the questions I missed every other day until I got them right repeatedly. This helped tremendously with logic games which was my weakest section.

So a typical day of studying consisted of working through the core curriculum, going over questions and games I got wrong from before, and reviewing explanations from practice tests.

I studied 6 days of the week for about 4-5 hours a day and always took Sunday off. Before when I was studying for the September LSAT I was forcing myself to study 7-8 hours a day and quickly burned out. I really suggest not studying for longer than 5 hours a day! Anymore than that is overkill and by that point my brain couldn't retain anymore information.

After I got through the core curriculum I dedicated most of my time to logic games (my weakest section), and practiced all the games I had from previous practice tests and the problem sets on 7Sage. (I never was able to full proof logic games, but I practiced them enough so that I was at least familiar with the different types and didn't panic when I saw them on test day). I used both J.Y.'s video explanations and lsathacks explanations because sometimes there is more than one way to solve a game!

I did take one or two days a week to focus just on reading comp or logical reasoning to make sure I didn't forget the fundamentals. I also continued taking a practice test once a week. But most days were dedicated solely to logic games.

Of course after a couple of practice tests you can use 7Sage analytics to identify your weak sections, then adjust your study plan accordingly.

Hope I explained this well enough and please let me know if I wasn't clear on something. Best of luck to you on your LSAT journey!

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma

Marvelous!

• CourtG0902CourtG0902 Member
    81 karma

@dudleym12345 Thank you so much for sharing such a detailed strategy! This very helpful and I am looking forward to starting it today. Thank you again!

• Aspiring1LAspiring1L Alum Member
    159 karma

Hey everyone. I'm registered for the Feb 2018 LSAT and was wondering if anyone recommends using 7Sage for 1.5 month prep. I took the Dec 2017 LSAT and self-studied for 4-months using Powerscore. The nerves took over on test day and adversely affected my score, mostly because I wasn't too confident in my preparation despite a floating 8-10 point increase on my PTs from my diagnostic. I feel like there's a limitation with Powerscore, especially when self-studying. Their private tutors are too far from me to travel to also. What do you guys think?

edited December 2017 64 karma

@Aspiring1L I would totally recommend using 7Sage as your prep! J.Y. has different explanations and strategies that I personally thought made more sense than Powerscores. I felt that Powerscore gives more like a broad overview of the test but 7Sage really broke down the reasoning in a more detailed way.