Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seeking some advice about applying after seeing December LSAT score...

provisionsprovisions Free Trial Member
in General 5 karma

Hi! Haha was definitely not expecting scores so soon but...163. (-3 RC, -6 LR, -8 LR, -6 LG). I was planning on applying to some top 20 schools, such as Cornell, USC, UCLA, etc...however, my LSAT score is at their 25th, with a 3.8 GPA. Non-URM. I checked, and these schools seem to accept the February LSAT.

So, I'm not really sure how this works, but I'm planning on retaking the LSAT in February. I want to submit applications to these schools - do I tell them to wait for the February LSAT? And if so, can they see what I got in December? Can I get admitted based on my December stats? :/ Is there such a thing as getting rejected based on December score, but then being reconsidered after February?

Timeline wise, I would prefer to start school this year, but if I did well in February, I would consider waiting for next cycle.

Thank you!!

Comments

• cgracia12cgracia12 Alum Member
    737 karma

I was also curious about the same thing, except I scored a lot lower than you and was interested in lower ranked schools than you.

The schools did tell me that they will hold my application until they see the February score and WON'T make a decision based off of my December exam, but I've read you should still call to ask and be sure to tell them that you will be taking February.

Also curious... if you do well in February, why are you thinking of waiting till the next cycle? Scholarship negotiation?

• provisionsprovisions Free Trial Member
    5 karma

Hmm thanks! I guess I should call If I did well enough, I would probably look at higher ranked schools, and try to apply earlier in the cycle for next :/