Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New LSAT score and admissions

Stevie CStevie C Alum Member
in General 645 karma

If you submit applications through LSAC, and then get a new LSAT score, does LSAC send the score to all the schools I applied to? I'm wondering if there's a way to check or confirm that the schools see the new score.

Comments

• Stevie CStevie C Alum Member
    645 karma

Bump!

• Stevie CStevie C Alum Member
    645 karma

Bump! For those who applied before their December LSAT

• expert shoe repairexpert shoe repair Alum Member
    122 karma

that is my understanding and that it is an automatic process.

posts may get more attention on the 'main' 7sage discussion forums! (unless we're already there. area we!?)

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Stevie C" said:
    If you submit applications through LSAC, and then get a new LSAT score, does LSAC send the score to all the schools I applied to? I'm wondering if there's a way to check or confirm that the schools see the new score.

Yes, they do.

It's my understanding that they automatically see them, but I'm not sure if there's a way other than contacting the schools to verify.

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

Yes it is an automatic process. Schools i talked with said if you sent your apps prior to the posting of December lsat scores, that they wouldnt see your apps until they see that score post LSAC. Not to worry, happy christmas eve.

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

@westcoastbestcoast said:
    Schools i talked with said if you sent your apps prior to the posting of December lsat scores, that they wouldnt see your apps until they see that score post LSAC.

This is true only if you have no reportable LSAT score. If you do, the apps will be submitted. Whether a school holds the application until the December score is reported depends. In general, though, if you request that they hold review until the new score is reported, they will do so.

• mollskl8mollskl8 Member
    51 karma

Yeah for the most part they will hold it (In some like Berkeley’s case only if you listed in the test scores section that you would be taking the December LSAT or email them to hold it if you forgot to). There’s only been one school that said that they wouldn’t hold it but I’m sorry I forget which one and couldn’t find it during a quick search. The fastest way to get an answer from the school is to google —school’s Name— and “hold application until December lsat score“ and I’ve been able to find the answer for that school almost every time.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

yup they automatically send any updated stuff.

whenever you send an app to a school (IIRC, or maybe it was on a different part of the website) they tell you that they will automatically send new scores, new LORs you assign, etc. No need to contact each school about it.

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

@uhinberg said:

@westcoastbestcoast said:
    Schools i talked with said if you sent your apps prior to the posting of December lsat scores, that they wouldnt see your apps until they see that score post LSAC.

This is true only if you have no reportable LSAT score. If you do, the apps will be submitted. Whether a school holds the application until the December score is reported depends. In general, though, if you request that they hold review until the new score is reported, they will do so.

No actually I had previous scores on file. They still said I would be on hold for most part. Only a couple schools said I could request to have my filed reviewed with previous scores