Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it unheard of to apply for housing before accepting an admission offer

_oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
edited December 2017 in Law School Admissions 3652 karma

This might sound messed up to be potentially taking away housing from someone else if I ultimately decide to go to a diff school..
The school I was accepted to is likely where I will end up going unless a miracle happens and I get into a reach school. The housing form just asks for your student ID which I have, but the only form available online is for last year. Can I just send it in anyways? IDK if it’s inappropriate to call and ask like “hey I’m pretty sure I want to go to your school but not 100% and I want to make sure I have housing by the time I make a decision”. It’s really difficult to find affordable and nice housing in this area. I’ve seen many students complain over the years about on campus housing being full. I don’t mind losing the $300 deposit if I end up choosing to go to a diff school

Comments

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

Perhaps its been done before but what was your rationale for doing this?

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

@westcoastbestcoast for the reasons stated in my post
    I’ve heard of many students applying to housing and getting denied. It’s just one apt building.

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

Nvm just reread acceptance email it says you can’t apply for housing until you accept and put down seat deposits