PT.57.S1.G4

tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
in Logic Games 2573 karma

Hey, guys. Why is there talk of three M here when the rules say exactly two M? JY mentions three M and others also mentioned in the comments section. What am I missing here? Three M was never an option for me becatse of that rule.

Comments

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

https://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-57-section-1-game-4/

Could you tell us when he talks about three Ms in the video?

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma

@akistotle 3:24. I don’t understand why three M was even mentioned.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    edited December 2017 9372 karma

@tanes256 said:
    @akistotle 3:24. I don’t understand why three M was even mentioned.

I see. I think he's saying this to show that there cannot be three of any item. (There cannot be three Ws) But I think he picked the wrong item because as you said, we already know there are exactly two Ms.

I don't know if he ever sees this post, but I'm tagging him to see if my hypothesis above is correct....@"J.Y. Ping"

2573 karma

@akistotle cool beans! Thx!

• J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    14008 karma

Yup, it's what @akistotle said. I should have used a different item to illustrate the point.

Now that I'm looking at this game again, I wonder if a chart would have been a better setup to use.

2573 karma

@"J.Y. Ping" said:
    Yup, it's what @akistotle said. I should have used a different item to illustrate the point.

Now that I'm looking at this game again, I wonder if a chart would have been a better setup to use.

Thank you for the clarification! Others mentioned a chart too. I used the same setup as you. I’m going to go back and try the chart now.

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

@tanes256 said:

@"J.Y. Ping" said:

Thank you for the clarification! Others mentioned a chart too. I used the same setup as you. I’m going to go back and try the chart now.

Does this help at all?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/DrXoXXSyFKG4VsrJ3

This game is difficult. I'd be happy to answer any questions.

2573 karma

@goingfor99th thank you! this game was hard for me but I ended up only missing #23. I haven’t done the game again but I’ll refer to yours when I do. I ended up splitting on the M and creating three boards.