Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Big, Bad Feb LSAT

CantStopWontStopCantStopWontStop Alum Member
in General 1270 karma

I'm taking the Feb 2018 LSAT. Why is the Feb test so dreaded? Just because they report the score? Is that paranoia or is there some evidence that it is harder? Also, who takes the Feb test? June seems like overachievers. Sept/Oct obviously most popular. December has many retakes. I didn't think much of this until I googled it (a regret).

Comments

• TabbyG123TabbyG123 Member
    711 karma

If you're applying for Fall 2018, then waiting to use a score from a February LSAT take before applying means that you apply very late in the season. Because law school is rolling admission, applying later makes it more challenging to get accepted at a school as schools fill up their class. In addition, many schools do not accept a February test score, only earlier ones.

In terms of test difficulty, all of the exams are exactly the same.

If you're applying for next year, then you're fine. You're way ahead of schedule. :)

• CantStopWontStopCantStopWontStop Alum Member
    1270 karma

I appreciate the feedback. I plan on applying this year. And if it doesn’t work out, I’ll apply early next year.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Feb2018Taker said:
    I'm taking the Feb 2018 LSAT. Why is the Feb test so dreaded? Just because they report the score? Is that paranoia or is there some evidence that it is harder? Also, who takes the Feb test? June seems like overachievers. Sept/Oct obviously most popular. December has many retakes. I didn't think much of this until I googled it (a regret).

No evidence it's harder at all whatsoever. Some tests are harder, but the scale always reflects that.

Most people opt not to take the Feb LSAT because it's considered late for the current cycle and super early for the next.Also, you don't get to see what questions you missed on it since it's "undisclosed".

• calcal101calcal101 Alum Member
    582 karma

I've heard it's easier?