Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is retaking in February worth it?

jack.igoejack.igoe Member
in General 544 karma

Hello everyone,

I got my test scores back from December and got a 169 (up from a 165 in September) which is pretty close to my PT average of a 171. I'll be applying to most of the T-14 minus Yale and was wondering if it'd be worth it to retake in February? Just for reference, my GPA is a 3.93 which will go up to a 3.96 once LSAC receives my Fall semester grades. What do you think?

Thank you!

Comments

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

I think you have a really good shot at most of the top schools, Harvard is a maybe and Stanford is who knows since they aren't as predictable as H.

I guess it's up to you, do you think you can do better? if so then go for it!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"jack.igoe" said:
    Hello everyone,

I got my test scores back from December and got a 169 (up from a 165 in September) which is pretty close to my PT average of a 171. I'll be applying to most of the T-14 minus Yale and was wondering if it'd be worth it to retake in February? Just for reference, my GPA is a 3.93 which will go up to a 3.96 once LSAC receives my Fall semester grades. What do you think?

Thank you!

Absolutely! February is fine for a retake and if your PT average is higher than what you scored, clearly retaking is in your best interest. If you can net a 171 with a 3.96, you'll have an amazing cycle.

• jack.igoejack.igoe Member
    544 karma

Thank you guys! @TheMikey @"Alex Divine" I can always rely on you to reply.

My primary concern is that it'll hold up my apps that I hope to be completing in the next week or so. I would pretty much be strictly using the Feb. LSAT for the potential wait-list negotiations following a decision based on the numbers that I have now.

Another factor; I would be pretty happy with any of the T-14 schools. So if the numbers I have now are good enough to get in this cycle, is there much utility in retaking? I guess I'm just questioning the cost benefit of retaking again when my average is only 1-2 points higher than my test day score.