Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In need of encouragement

2»

Comments

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

@zanesbit said:
    Listen to your body and rest when you need to. However, this is just the start of the journey. You may come to a point where you have to make some tough decisions regarding what can be sacrificed during the next 3 years. If you can take more time off from work take it...if the dishes need to sit in the sink a little longer...so be it. I absolutely empathize with you, I'm going on my 3rd take in 5 months. My first score made me question myself, the second was a huge jump, but still marginal. So, I want to to give it one more round (this cycle). Try not to box yourself in...you have forever to make this happen. 170s are hard to come by, but it's possible with hard work. This I do believe. However, don't let forums convince you that you need a 170 or even a 160 to get into a good law school...URM or no URM. There at people in top 25 and 30 schools with 155ish scores (not sure what their GPAs are, but they are in there). I don't say this to have you lower your standards, but I do encourage ypu to not beat yourself up. I personally feel that 7sage has the best curriculum out there, but that's not to say every strategy will work for everyone. There's a method to the LSAT madness, only you can figure out how your brain will make sense of it and it may not be a cookie cutter method. Keep pushing, I'm sure you've overcome harder. You can do it!

Thanks friend! :)

• zanesbitzanesbit Alum Member
    102 karma

I'm a little late, but you are so welcome. :)

@tringo335 said:

@zanesbit said:
    Listen to your body and rest when you need to. However, this is just the start of the journey. You may come to a point where you have to make some tough decisions regarding what can be sacrificed during the next 3 years. If you can take more time off from work take it...if the dishes need to sit in the sink a little longer...so be it. I absolutely empathize with you, I'm going on my 3rd take in 5 months. My first score made me question myself, the second was a huge jump, but still marginal. So, I want to to give it one more round (this cycle). Try not to box yourself in...you have forever to make this happen. 170s are hard to come by, but it's possible with hard work. This I do believe. However, don't let forums convince you that you need a 170 or even a 160 to get into a good law school...URM or no URM. There at people in top 25 and 30 schools with 155ish scores (not sure what their GPAs are, but they are in there). I don't say this to have you lower your standards, but I do encourage ypu to not beat yourself up. I personally feel that 7sage has the best curriculum out there, but that's not to say every strategy will work for everyone. There's a method to the LSAT madness, only you can figure out how your brain will make sense of it and it may not be a cookie cutter method. Keep pushing, I'm sure you've overcome harder. You can do it!

Thanks friend! :)