Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recording PT’s?

TheAnxious0LTheAnxious0L Alum Member
in General 587 karma

Hey guys, I’m having a difficult time recording myself taking a timed test. I don’t have access to a camera until tomorrow (roommate borrowed it)but need to take a test today... any times on recording with an iPad/ laptop/ iPhone?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Yeah, I've used my iPhone/iPad for every recording I've made. I'm also pretty sure that's what J.Y. and the Sages recommend doing as well. No need to use an actual camera!

Just make sure to record in 1080p or better so it's clear enough to read when you re-watch.

• TheAnxious0LTheAnxious0L Alum Member
    587 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:
    Yeah, I've used my iPhone/iPad for every recording I've made. I'm also pretty sure that's what J.Y. and the Sages recommend doing as well. No need to use an actual camera!

Just make sure to record in 1080p or better so it's clear enough to read when you re-watch.

What does your set up look like ? Because I'm struggling to get the over the shoulder set up that I've seen in JY's videos

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"Idil.Beshir" said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

What does your set up look like ? Because I'm struggling to get the over the shoulder set up that I've seen in JY's videos

I use this: https://www.amazon.com/Avantree-Gooseneck-Universal-Bracket-Flexible/dp/B01M1JXNTT/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1515599999&sr=8-3&keywords=avantree+cell+phone+clip+holder,+gooseneck

And attach it to my desk. Works very well!

However, before I bought that I had a ghetto rig where I basically just piled up books and had my iPhone peeking off of the edge. Gotta get creative, haha!

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

I never recorded a PT, but could you use the @"Alex Divine" book pile mixed with a paper clip phone stand to adjust your phone angle?

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

@"Idil.Beshir" said:
    Hey guys, I’m having a difficult time recording myself taking a timed test. I don’t have access to a camera until tomorrow (roommate borrowed it)but need to take a test today... any times on recording with an iPad/ laptop/ iPhone?

I record it on my ipad and its pretty good quality. I can record 4 sections on 32 GB at 1080 quality and I can still read on the video what's written on the paper.

• TheAnxious0LTheAnxious0L Alum Member
    587 karma

I ended up putting a side table on top of my desk and put my iPad on the ledge lol. Worked great