Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reading errors

Brazil020511Brazil020511 Alum Member
in Logic Games 429 karma

Hello, :D
I am in the process of foolproofing LG and I am improving. However, I do find that I am making reading errors. I guess the easy answer is to read carefully, but did anyone have this problem and have a strategy/tip to improve? Thanks.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Brazil020511 said:
    I am in the process of foolproofing LG and I am improving. However, I do find that I am making reading errors. I guess the easy answer is to read carefully, but did anyone have this problem and have a strategy/tip to improve? Thanks.

Read the rules first with your pencil down. This will allow you to just focus on reading the rules, visualizing the game board, and getting a feel for the game.

Then, after you do that, re-read the rules again with your pencil in your hand and circle any key words like "cannot go" or "must go" to help filter out the superfluous verbiage and distractions.

Also, I like to eliminate answers on the standard acceptable situation question as I diagram them out. This ensures that I grapple with the rules more carefully one on one.

And, of course, like you mentioned, just reading more carefully, lol.

• Brazil020511Brazil020511 Alum Member
    429 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@Brazil020511 said:

Read the rules first with your pencil down. This will allow you to just focus on reading the rules, visualizing the game board, and getting a feel for the game.

Then, after you do that, re-read the rules again with your pencil in your hand and circle any key words like "cannot go" or "must go" to help filter out the superfluous verbiage and distractions.

Also, I like to eliminate answers on the standard acceptable situation question as I diagram them out. This ensures that I grapple with the rules more carefully one on one.

And, of course, like you mentioned, just reading more carefully, lol.

Thank you! I like this idea especially since I also find myself frequently looking back to the question stem trying to remember if it's a MBT or CBT question. I will definitely try the 2X read one without my pencil. I really appreciate your help.