Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to make use of my time most efficiently?

KevinA14KevinA14 Alum Member
in General 71 karma

Hello,

I'm posting this to get some of you guys' recommendation about the best way to make use of my available time to improve on my LSAT. Since my classes will not start until January 16, I have a lot of time to study for the LSAT.

Just a little background, I'll be taking the LSAT on Feb 10 and I've been averaging around 168 on my PTs. I am aiming to get 173+ on my LSAT.

Here's what I've been doing everyday:
1. Do one PT
2. Blind review
3. Do LGs that I missed in the past (~5-7 games).
4. Read Powerscore RC to improve on my RC section (averaging -5 currently). I'll be reading the powerscore LG and LR when I finished the RC.
5. Do around 40 LR questions from 7sage.

Here's some questions I have:

1. Should I keep doing one PTs everyday, or is this an inefficient way to improve my score?
    So, I know that JY recommends doing at most 3 PTs in a week, but I don't find myself getting burnt out doing one everyday, so I don't see any reason why I should stop doing this if it will help me improve. But I'd like to have some of you guys' opinion on this. I currently still have 20 PTs available to do.

2. How to improve my LR section? I currently average around -2 to -4. Should I just continue to do many many questions and review?

3. For LG, I've been doing the "Fool Proof" method recommended in the curriculum (redo all LGs that I missed, multiple times until I mastered it). I'll also be reading the powerscore LG soon. Any other tips?

4. How would you approach improving your score if you have a lot of time available?

Thank you very much!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited January 2018 23929 karma
    1. It's not just about burning out but about the purposes of PTs. The purpose of a PT is to get a snapshot of your weaknesses so you can work to turn those weaknesses into strengths. If you take a PT everyday, when are you doing proper blind review and addressing/drilling those weaknesses?

2. For LR, I found my improvement came from drilling questions by type. I did them untimed and wrote out tons of explanations for them. The hardest part is figuring out where your weaknesses are in LR. Once you know that, you can usually get them under control with targeted drilling.
      Skipping/pacing strategies can also do a lot to help you when you're only missing ~3 questions per LR section. I know it's made all the difference in my LR!

3. The fool proof method is aptly named. Keep at it! I don't think you need the PS Bible though. J.Y.'s lessons are objectively much better. Then again, maybe I'm biased since it's what's worked so well for me.

4. If I had a lot of time to improve (which we all do...) my score, I would just complete the 7sage CC, do the corresponding drills as needed, fool proof the LG bundle, and take PTs at a clip that was more conducive to my improvement. I also highly advocate writing out explanations for LR and RC. That's what's helped me improve the most... It takes forever, it sucks, but it truly works. You'd be surprised how many assumptions you make that you're forced to get ahead of when you sit and write explanations.

• toniafisher1toniafisher1 Member
    87 karma

I have the powerscore trioligy and have studied those for some times. I just started CC, and already 7sage (JY) is hands down the most clear, succinct explanations I have found thus far. I began with Princeton Review........
    Going forward I am concentrating all of my efforts on JY’s methods. Perhaps it’s just timing after looking at this stuff on and off for YEARS, but it is literally beginning to click. Hallelujah!!!