Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BR more than LR?

sbc.mom_3xsbc.mom_3x Alum Member
in General 1501 karma

Do you restrict BR to only the LR sections? Or BR more, or all?

Comments

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

@"sbc.mom_3x" said:
    Do you restrict BR to only the LR sections? Or BR more, or all?

I do blind review for RC and LG as well.

For RC, I do low resolution summaries for each paragraph and at the end write down the main point of the passage. Then for any questions I circled in the passage, I write down what my task is and why each answer choice is right vs wrong.

For LG, I re-do and time the game and then check my work against JY videos to make sure I got all the inferences and approached the questions currently.

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    edited January 2018 8689 karma

I do something very similar to Sami. I recommend everyone not scoring 179-180 do the same.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

I blind reviewed all the sections but found it most beneficial on LR.

For RC, for whatever reason I hardly ever changed my answers in blind review. This made it much less useful than in LR. There were often one or two I was uncertain of after blind review, but I usually was still leaning toward the same answer from my original PT.

On logic games, you miss very few if you do them right so the benefit is also reduced and it feels more like checking or redoing than blind review. It helped though to be able to go through any I had rushed on nice and slow and then review all the games an extra time.

For RC and LG I felt my non-blind review was more important. In RC I had to understand the rare questions that slipped by me in both my first take and blind review. For logic games I foolproofed almost all the games from my PTs.

So I would blind review all the sections, but emphasize the blind review more for logical reasoning and other review more for the other sections.