Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how to start a study group

LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
in Study Groups 2134 karma

Hi all - I've been reading posts from months/years ago to recently about study groups. I would like to start one but I'm not sure how to go ahead and do it. Any advice from the experiences study group leaders?

I am not a "teacher" by any means but would love to go over quiz questions. I love JY's videos but sometimes it gets lonely studying alone : / and I thought it would be nice to go over some of the lessons/quizzes with someone else.

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@LCMama2017 said:
    Hi all - I've been reading posts from months/years ago to recently about study groups. I would like to start one but I'm not sure how to go ahead and do it. Any advice from the experiences study group leaders?

I am not a "teacher" by any means but would love to go over quiz questions. I love JY's videos but sometimes it gets lonely studying alone : / and I thought it would be nice to go over some of the lessons/quizzes with someone else.

Thanks for any advice.

I would just start by making a post like this, see who is interested, and then go from there.

Studying with someone else or a group really can make a big difference!

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

I like this idea.

• tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma

Weren't there already BR study groups? What happened to those? I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for but hopefully someone in those groups will come along.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@tanes256 said:
    Weren't there already BR study groups? What happened to those? I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for but hopefully someone in those groups will come along.

Yeah, there still are BR groups. https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/14596/june18-study-group-blind-review-pt-46-tuesday-jan-23rd-7-30-pm-est

However, I think OP has something a bit more informal in mind for reviewing things beyond full PTs.

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

Yes - @"Alex Divine" is correct. I'm drilling questions at this point and not doing BRs for full tests.

• Gladiator_2017Gladiator_2017 Yearly Member
    1332 karma

@lcmama2017 I'd be down to review some drills. For this upcoming week I'm focusing on SA questions. What's on your agenda?

2134 karma

@Gladiator_2017 Ok great! Weds and Thurs work best for me. Weds I'm good from 10-3:30 and Thurs from 12-3:30. What do you think?

edited January 2018 5254 karma

@LCMama2017,@Gladiator_2017, I'm also interested in working on some of these drills and going over them together.

1332 karma

How about we meet up on Wednesday at 2pm?

2134 karma

Ok - 2pm Weds. @lsatplaylist come along!

I was thinking of getting a few questions from the question bank and then going over them together? Or should we do them first on our own and then review?

I'm very open to ideas on how to do this.

5254 karma

What timezone?

1332 karma

Sorry EST :)

Have you guys completed the drills in the CC? Im currently reviewing those.

2134 karma

I just completed the SA and PSA drills that are at the end of the SA and PSA lesson. Are those what you mean?

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited January 2018 10774 karma

I am so proud of you guys for reaching out to each other to study. That's how it should be!

Let me know if you guys have any questions. I'll be happy to help. :smiley: