Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Flawed question types.

Don_DraperDon_Draper Alum Member

A little over a week in 7sage I took a PT and improved by 3 points. I got a 157 a new personal best! With that said, I'm still having problems with the LR questions that ask something along the lines of the flaw in this argument best resembles... or the flaw in this argument is......these question types. Any pointers?

Comments

• TexAgAaronTexAgAaron Alum Member
    edited January 2018 1723 karma

Review the different types of flaws that 7Sage provides in the curriculum and study them.

https://7sage.com/lesson/19-common-argument-flaws/

This helps you see what they are and how they are used. Another thing that helped me was research further online and see different examples of these in other arguments. I went on youtube and various other sites to see a larger sample of them so I wouldn't burn though my practice questions.

The biggest thing is exposure because there are so many ways to use these flaws. After a while, they will stick out like a sore thumb.

Hope this helps!

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

I am going to second what @akeegs92 said. Exposure is really important with these types of questions. The more often you see the flaw, the more obvious it becomes. I think drilling flaws is extremely important for these types of questions.

Some suggestions for improving;

1.) Create your own arguments that exhibit one of the 19 common flaws.
    2.) Translate flaws from abstract to concrete examples and vice versa (The argument appeals to authority Vs. We should listen to him because he is president)
    3.) Practice seeing flaw questions AC as descriptions of the argument, ask yourself "Does the argument actually do this?"

These will help to flesh out flaws in questions. Just some minor tips!