Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Timed logic games.

TurkishcoffeeTurkishcoffee Alum Member

JY mentions by full proofing if you didn't do the question in the proper time, to go over it several more times. whats considered the proper time for each logic game? Do i give myself an extra minute or two if its a hard logic game?

Comments

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8694 karma

Recommended times per game are listed below the game explananations on 7Sage, you will see “target time:” These times range from 4 minutes to 15 minutes. These are very good numbers to try to reach, because they are geared towards completing the section in which the game is contained on time. Every once in awhile you will see that the recommended times of each game do not add up to 34 minutes, but rather something like 24 or 32 minutes. Obviously, you have extra minutes to use here, but I still think that It is a good idea to try to hit the target times during practice. The utility of this approach is that next time that game that is contained in a section with a 6 minute target time, the entire section might be so hard that you completing that game in 6 minutes or 6:45 might be absolutely pivotal.

My final point on the target times is don’t fix what isn’t broken in your approach. If a 5 minutes game takes you 6 minutes and 4 seconds to complete with full confidence: you are more than likely going to be alright. I have never finished a fresh game under 5 minutes with full confidence. I have finished a fresh game in 5:50 with confidence and was completely fine for the rest of the section. A small amount of deviation from the recommended time is alright in my experience.

If you start to notice that a 7 minutes game took you 12 minutes: there is a problem in your approach, go back during fool proof and search for inferences, consider a split etc.

You might also notice that your strengthens might cut the other way: a 10 minute game might take you 7 minutes and 30 seconds. Great. This happened to me last Thursday with pt 46 game 4. These are the small victories that mean you are making progress.

Best
    David

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

Agree with BD above that JY is referring to the allotted times for each respective game from his videos. Although your strengths may differ, generally these are good guidelines to shoot for. If you're finishing below the time, great! Keep doing what you're doing! However if a "6 minute game" takes you 8 and a half, that's a sign that you are missing something. Either your game setup isn't optimized, you're missing inferences, or the rules aren't fully making sense etc. Even if you are able to finish the section in 35, definitely go back to that game that gave you trouble. Game types repeat, and it's likely that the next time you won't be able to waste that time.

This is also where the analysis tools are valuable. They'll show you which types of games are typically problematic for you and hence, which types to focus your study on.