Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice on drilling LR

seeking180seeking180 Free Trial Member

Hi,

Just to give some background: I have a high-160s score and plan on retaking in June. LR is my weakness. On my official test, I got -10 (combined) across the two sections. I have been retaking old tests, but am thinking about how best to reduce my misses in LR.

To those who have experience making this jump: should I do untimed sections of LR and really try to internalize the reasoning in each question OR do timed 35 minute sections with blind review (though I've seen these sections already)?

I'm torn because during my official test, I ran out of time to really digest certain questions so timing is an issue, but I also attribute my inability to complete a section to a general weakness in understanding the stimuli presented.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Comments

• michael_theodoremichael_theodore Alum Member
    253 karma

Since you are taking the test in June, I think you have the time to take the untimed approach. I think it is preferable to have an understanding of why answer choices are wrong and eventually getting to the point that you can anticipate the wrong answer choices. Consistency is the key here and I think you have what it takes to break into the 170s. I face a similar problem as well.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Just to confirm, it looks like you're not a member of the 7sage LSAT course. Is that correct? There are some fantastic webinars with study strategies if you are planning on signing up for the course.

That aside, I would do a little bit of both. Blind review is really important and helpful, because you should also be taking your time on it and really working through the questions you review. Make sure you are able to articulate why the correct answer is correct and the other choices are not. Wrestle with the logic in it. You should probably also take some time to drill questions by type. If there is a specific weakness in a question type, that would really be helpful too.