Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOR email question

studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
in General 5254 karma

So in fall, back when I was hoping for this cycle, I met with my recommenders, then had to let them know I'm delaying until the next cycle. Now I just want to send them a quick update so we stay in the loop with our communications and so they can make plans for scheduling the writing and letter submission in the next several months. Has anyone written one of these interim emails before?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@lsatplaylist said:
    So in fall, back when I was hoping for this cycle, I met with my recommenders, then had to let them know I'm delaying until the next cycle. Now I just want to send them a quick update so we stay in the loop with our communications and so they can make plans for scheduling the writing and letter submission in the next several months. Has anyone written one of these interim emails before?

Why not just have them submit the letters now? They stay in your account for 5-years after they're submitted I believe.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    edited January 2018 5254 karma

That's an idea, yes. One thing: I don't have a score yet and I think they're going to want me to tell them the score(s).

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited January 2018 23929 karma

@lsatplaylist said:
    That's an idea, yes. One thing: I don't have a score yet and I think they're going to want me to tell them the score(s).

Oh alright, I see. Hmm... Tough call on what to do going forward if they want scores. Perhaps just send an email to touch base and offer to send them anything else they need to write the LOR. Or, additionally, you could offer to set a time to meet up or speak with them so you can make plans on scheduling and writing the letter.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

I feel so behind with this stuff because studying has been taking forever and sometimes I feel like I'll never be done studying but I'm also grateful to be on this journey. I'll probably meet with them midsemester or thereabouts.