Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Take Feb Test Even Though I'm Not Ready?

cesanchez5cesanchez5 Alum Member
edited February 2018 in February 2018 LSAT 15 karma

Hi all,

I'm scheduled to take the Feb 10 test and my score is not near where I want it to be. I am tempted to take the Feb test anyway just so I can see what it's like to take an official test and then retake it in June if I'm not satisfied with my score. Would it be counterproductive to take the exam in Feb knowing I won't do as well I want to or would it be best to postpone and take the exam in June instead?

By the way, I have been studying for a little over two months by using another company's prep books and I just recently signed up for 7Sage. I can tell 7Sage is far more superior and I wish I signed up sooner.

Apologies if someone has asked this already.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Hey @christian.sanchez8920,

Welcome to 7Sage. I'm glad to hear you are enjoying the course so far!

No, I don't think it's wise to take the test if you're nowhere near ready and your score isn't close to where you want it to be. I just don't see what you'll get out of it? You'll only get a sense of what it's like to take the test severely unprepared. I don't think you'll be doing yourself any favors if that's the case.

I think planning for a June take makes more sense for you at this point.

• Rigid DesignatorRigid Designator Alum Member
    edited February 2018 1091 karma

I think Alex's advice is right. If you're nowhere near prepared then it's probably not worth it to sit the test. If you were a handful of points away from your goal I would argue that one possibility would be to take it with the intention of cancelling your score no matter what. That way your lack of preparedness is irrelevant and you get the benefit of seeing what an actual test day feels like. But still, if you're miles off your goal score then it's not really an accurate proxy for what it will be like when you feel prepared and confident, so sitting now is probably of limited value.

• cesanchez5cesanchez5 Alum Member
    edited February 2018 15 karma

I can see how there isn’t much upside to take the test if I’m unprepared. I’ll focus on preparing for the June exam. I’m glad I joined the 7Sage community! Thanks @"Alex Divine" and @"Rigid Designator"!

• Rigid DesignatorRigid Designator Alum Member
    1091 karma

No problem. We're glad to have you here! @"christian.sanchez8920"

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

@christian.sanchez8920, You'll be glad you make this choice to put it off later, I think.

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

Dont take it. Wait a cycle. Study and prep for the june or july lsat or whenever you are scoring around 3 to 5 points above your desired score.