Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BR score differential minimal?

rebecciusrebeccius Alum Member

Hi fellow Sagers,

I'm currently in the final stretch preparing for the February LSAT. I have a quick question re: blind review. I've been doing it for the past 4 weeks, and rarely see an improvement (or significant increase) on my BR results. Sometimes it's actually lower! I feel like I almost look to find a way to pick an alternate answer, if I've tagged a Q for BR. Like it's triggering a part of my brain to second guess my original reasoning. Sometimes my BR is one or two points above or below my timed conditioned PT. For example, just PT-ed #71. Actual score: 165. BR: 166. Am I an outlier? Is this normal? Seems like everyone else scores way higher on their BR. To be clear, I'd be more than happy with anything in the 160s as these scores will fall in and above the medians for my schools of choice (Canada), so I'm not especially bothered by the scores nor am I aiming for the 170s (of course, a score up there would be a pleasant surprise, but I don't think it's realistic). Any feedback on this would be most welcomed.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited February 2018 23929 karma

Hey @rebeccius,

I think this is why it may sometimes be best to use a clean copy for blind review, so you don't have to second guess the answer you chose. Basically just re-print out the section you're BR'ing and circle the ones you need to BR on that copy.

I think you're a bit of an outlier. From my experience, people, on average, tend to score about 10 points higher on their blind review when in the 160s. That's just a generalization though, so don't be alarmed if you're currently not there.

I think you should generally be able to BR games to a perfect score, since you can just brute force answers, and RC will almost always have textual support to answer each question, and it's important you are taking your time to do that on RC BR so you can get better during timed practice.

LR can be more complicated to go -0 on BR, at least for me. If I miss questions on BR, it's usually an LR question I misunderstood.

What types of things are you still getting wrong on BR? It's very possible you may have hit your theoretical max (165) and in order to improve your timed score/BR score, you might need to review CC lessons and drill problem areas. This certainly happens and is not at all uncommon.

Are you following 7Sage's Blind review methods? https://7sage.com/the-blind-review-how-to-correctly-prep-for-lsat-part-1/

• rebecciusrebeccius Alum Member
    edited February 2018 45 karma

Hey @"Alex Divine" Thanks so much for the very thoughtful response! Honestly, I haven't been blind reviewing LG or RC because with unlimited time I always get 100% on LG, and darn close to that on RC - I guess my BR score would actually be much higher if I had been doing that. I was under the impression that BR was really meant exclusively for revealing/improving your thought process on LR questions. And yes, printing off a fresh copy for review would be have a good idea. I didn't even think of that.. but I'm using LSAC books, so getting a fresh copy would have been more difficult. You're right, I could probably use another run through CC, especially if I wanted to score in the 170s... but as I'm writing the test in a week, not going to happen. As it is, I flew through the CC in one month (January). Wish I had discovered 7Sage much sooner.