Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help out a lost unicorn. (Disclaimer: Long Post)

SeraephinaSeraephina Live Member
in General 124 karma

I made a thread a day ago (https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/15041/feb-10-lsat-anxiety) and I did say that I will be doing another PrepTest to see if I will push through with the exam on Saturday. I have done only 4 PrepTests due to the time constraint.

I scored 152 on the first one (forgot to do a blind review).
On my next PrepTest, I scored a 148 and 161 (br) on PrepTest 37, then 160 and 164 (br) on PrepTest 36.
Yesterday I did PrepTest 44, I got a score of 157, 165 (br).

Planning on taking another one today and finalize my decision.

I really would want to get admitted to McGeorge, and I am aiming to get 160 and above if what is posted on Magoosh is accurate:

How does your score compare?

The law school’s LSAT numbers aren’t very competitive, so it’s relatively easier to get into McGeorge than at many other schools in the country. To maximize your chances of admission, focus on your GPA (in addition to your LSAT). McGeorge’s median GPA is 3.15. Its 25th percentile GPA is 2.92, and its 75th percentile GPA is 3.42.

160+: Because high LSAT scores are less common in the McGeorge applicant pool, you can really stand out if you bring a score in the 160+ range. If you have a quality personal statement and strong academic record to match your LSAT score, you’ll be a competitive candidate for full-tuition scholarships.

159-156: An LSAT score in this range will be above McGeorge’s 75th percentile, so it’ll make a strong case for your admission. You should also be in the running for some partial or even full-tuition scholarships to offset school costs.

155-153: With a score in this range, you’ll be sitting right around McGeorge’s 75th percentile – a good place to be. Pair your LSAT with a solid GPA, and you’ll have a great shot at admission.

152-150: A score in the low 150s will be near McGeorge’s 50th percentile. You’ll have more competition from other candidates in this range, but your LSAT score should still help you clear the admissions hurdle.

149-148: You’ll still fall at or above McGeorge’s 25th percentile with a score in the high 140s. While your chances for admission are much lower in this range, you shouldn’t count yourself out– particularly so if you have a high GPA.

147 and below: Since your score is now below the law school’s 25th percentile, you’ll really be facing an uphill battle for admission. Consider retaking the LSAT to give you a more realistic shot of earning an acceptance. To help you ace your retake, check out some of our best LSAT tips here.

Feb 2018 LSAT inquiry
  1. Should I write the Feb 10 exam?12 votes
    1. Yeeeeees
      50.00%
    2. Naaaaaah sit this one out
      50.00%

Comments

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

Hi @Seraephina

McGeorge School of Law’s 75 percentile is 154 (http://www.mcgeorge.edu/Future_Students/JD_Programs/Entering_Class_Profile.htm ), so you have a high chance of getting in if you get a 155+.
    http://pacific.lawschoolnumbers.com

If this is the school you really want to go, then I think you can take the February LSAT and see how it goes.

That being said, I know you haven’t had much time to study, and I’m so sorry about your health (I read the other post). If you can wait another year, I believe you can raise your score and aim for much higher ranking schools.

• Mr. ReeMr. Ree Alum Member
    6 karma

I am in the exact same boat as you. To be honest, test scores and all. I am going to take it. Most schools do not average LSAT scores and only count the highest, however Chapman and a few others do. That being said. I am going to apply this year with a meh February, keep studying thru June and see what happens.