Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help! Retake in June but burned PT's for February test

edited March 2018 in June 2018 LSAT 13 karma

I dont think I am technically a retaker you will see why - I was scheduled to take this February test, BUT due to a personal crisis situation I could not take the test :(, yeah life happens too!!!
I am shooting for the 2019 app cycle and am planning on registering for the test in June 2018. My avg PT score is 168, which is not great I know but was a journey from my 153 diag score (shout out to JY's CC and 7sage community).

I have been working for a big technology company for the past 6 years a.k.a hectic 50 to 60 hr work week + I am a parent of a toddler.

Now with all that said my current situation is that I burned a lot of PT's specially the modern PT's 70 -83. I tried to be very diligent and do a thorough BR after each PT, I only have PT77 and PT78 untouched which sucks. I finished the CC last year. As for sections I am good with LG -0 mostly and sometimes -1 if i hit a hard games, LR is decent, RC is my worst section (-7 avg) I am still haunted by a -11 on PT74 RC.

I am paralyzed and not sure how to proceed with the prep for June, I now want to aim for 170+. My brain is still reeling from recent events and I cant think of how to prep and how to PT. Also, since RC is my weakest section I tried drilling earlier RC's before the february test and they seem way different (easier) after doing 70+. I will take a 2-3 week break come back renew my 7sage account to begin with.

Please advise on a prep strategy, after all that rambling I want to say I have been on 7sage for 1 and half year now learned so much and very good to hear 7sagers success stories, very motivating.

Comments

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

You're overreacting. Save PT77 and PT78 for the end. Get a hold of tests before 70 or sign up for a subscription that gives you access to them.

• edited February 2018 13 karma

Just to clarify I did take earlier PT's as well, I used up about 70% of earlier PT's 21- 69 either as full PT or section practice. Hence my anxiety. I was planning on keeping whatever score I get and work with it so I went all in :| never thought of a scenario in which I will not be able to take the test.

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

@"water.traveler" said:
    Just to clarify I did take earlier PT's as well, I used up about 70% of earlier PT's 21- 69 either as full PT or section practice. Hence my anxiety. I was planning on keeping whatever score I get and work with it so I went all in :| never thought of a scenario in which I will not be able to take the test.

You don't need to take every single PT. That 30% is enough. I don't think you even need to take all of those exams.

You don't need the element of surprise to stay sharp.

• ebalde1234ebalde1234 Member
    905 karma

168 is a great score .. but it depends where you are applying. Don't burn yourself out by studying too much though. Take breaks .