Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Post Feb LSAT and Needing Advice...

kventokvento Alum Member

Hey 7Sagers,

Sat for the Feb 10 LSAT last weekend... and not feeling too great about my performance. I think I scored the same or maybe a point or two lower than my previous attempt. I have been considering cancelling my score (deadline to cancel is tomorrow).

My post-game analysis:
Section 1: Real LG — These games were unusual and it really messed my head up... guessed on ALOT
Section 2: LR1 — Felt that this section of LR was easier than normal but it took me a while to get into the flow after basically panicking during section 1 games... ended up guessing on four questions
Section 3: Exp LG — These games were so much easier and more traditional... on test day I felt a bit of relief and thought that perhaps my first section of LG was the experimental, but after checking the forums, I was greatly disappointed these didn't count
Section 4: RC — Thought the RC section was on par with recent tests.. certainly not as difficult as Candor though... was short on time for the last passage but gave it my best answering questions
Section 5: LR2 — Felt this section of LR to be way more challenging. The stimuli were a bit harder to grasp... guessed on the last four or so.

Overall, I feel less confident about this attempt than my previous. I'm just not sure what to do... the last thing I want to do is post a score a few points lower than my previous attempt, but I also don't want to cancel would might have been better score... what do you guys think? Anyone else facing a similar situation?

Side discussion, how do you guys deal with test-day anxiety? I've been meditating and all of that but still freak on test day! :(

What to do...
  1. What should I do?9 votes
    1. Don't cancel, who cares if it's a point lower, the new LSAC rule allows for many retakes
      88.89%
    2. Cancel, if after some deep reflection, you really believe its going to be a lower/similar score
      11.11%

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Honestly, what you are going through is completely normal. After the Dec '17 test I thought I scored maybe a point higher or the same as I did on the Sept '17 test. I was considering taking another entire cycle off and canceling my score. After talking to some of the brilliant people here, my mind was changed though.

With more tests being offered, the limit on takes taken away, and the fact that for MOST schools only the highest score matters, there just isn't a reason to cancel. If you scored lower, you could write an addendum to explain why you think it happened, but if you did score low and retake and improve a ton, they won't care very much.

However, you probably did much better than you think. After listening to people on 7Sage and not canceling my score in Dec, I got my score back and scored 8 points higher than I had in Sept. I was super excited and glad I didn't cancel.

I think you should stick it out, get the score back, and then plan where to go from there.