Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I sent in the wrong application to Columbia fmlfmlfmlfml

TheAnxious0LTheAnxious0L Alum Member
edited February 2018 in Law School Admissions 587 karma

I can't believe I'm writing this, but I became THAT applicant. I accidentally submitted my rough draft for my Why Columbia essay, instead of the final. I just sent it in over the weekend, and they replied today that they were adding it to my file....so I decided to re-read it.

I cannot explain the sinking feeling in my stomach after realising that my submitted copy had a ton of red underlines and comments in the columns. Thank goodness I'm this type A and double checked....but I'm kicking myself for making this mistake in the first place.

I called and they kinda laughed at me...probably because I sounded crazy and said they would update it with the final copy haha. But a part of me is still very anxious that I somewhat hurt my chances.

BLEH.

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma

Haha, yeah that’s embarrassing. I did something similar back in undergrad only I didn’t catch it! I’m sure it’ll be fine. They process too many apps to remember this when they get to it. If your file is right, I’d say you’re good.

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

Agree with @"Cant Get Right"
    They will fix it now and totally forget by the time they review your file. Don't worry!! Easier said than done, but try to forget about it. At least you caught it, right!

• m.c lshopefulm.c lshopeful Alum Member
    614 karma

@tylerdschreur10 said:
    Agree with @"Cant Get Right"
    They will fix it now and totally forget by the time they review your file. Don't worry!! Easier said than done, but try to forget about it. At least you caught it, right!

Unless..... you sounded so crazy over the phone and they thought it was so funny that they remember your name and decide to read both copies for fun!!!!

Just kidding.... you'll be fine... go have some ice cream :)

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

Haha don't worry I'm sure they understood your anxiety. Plus, law school applicants and lawyers in general tend to be Type A, neurotic, risk averse bunch.

• mcglz_64mcglz_64 Alum Member
    891 karma

Take comfort that you did not accidentally send them an essay meant for a completely different school! You will be fine :)