Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Harvard Interview

Raphael RiveraRaphael Rivera Alum Member
edited February 2018 in Law School Admissions 176 karma

I was wondering what I should expect during the interview for Harvard in terms of questions. I interviewed for UVA and it lasted about 30-45 minutes. They said it should be around 15 minutes for Harvard. does anybody have experience or ideas?

Comments

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

I don't know. I might check Top Law Schools Harvard apllication threads from past years for questions they frequently use if I were you.

I do know that they tend to accept a pretty high percentage of people they interview so it is a really good sign. Congratulations!

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

Congrats on the interview!

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

It's a pretty relaxed interview. Standard questions like why law, why harvard, tell us about your job, etc.

Just relax and be yourself! You got this!

• J.CHRIS.ALSTJ.CHRIS.ALST Alum Member
    edited February 2018 399 karma

Definitely go in with a good idea with what the questions will be and what you would say, if you can help it. However, don't be scripted about it. I've done that with a job interview before and afterwards I knew that I didn't come off as authentic. Authenticity is extremely important. Good luck!

• Gladiator_2017Gladiator_2017 Yearly Member
    1332 karma

Leah, a former 7sager who's now at Harvard, mihht also have some good insights. I'm not sure if she's still around 7sage.

• msct2239msct2239 Member
    46 karma

I had mine last month, and received my acceptance today - it was a very standard law school interview with very ordinary questions in the likes of why law, why Harvard, and more specific queries about information on my resume and statements. I was rather flustered at the beginning because the call came in about 5 minutes late, but they were just running behind schedule, and the actual interview could not have been more chill (and far more interesting than my Chicago interview). It was just under 20 minutes including questions that I had. Hope this helps and good luck!!