Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Lovely Sheet Protector (lr strategy)

stormstorm Member
edited February 2018 in Logical Reasoning 261 karma

So, I've seen on here quite a few times that it is a good idea to use a sheet protector for logic games. I've been doing the same for logical reasoning and loving it (~save the trees~). When I went through the lr cc at first, I was a "starter" level 7sager. So, I missed out on anything but easy questions. Now, I upgraded and I'm going back as I begin to fool proof sequencing games (I want to have those down 100% before I move into grouping; it is also a good opportunity to delve into the tougher lr problem sets).

I've ended up doing something I haven't seen yet (though I'm sure 50 people have already had this idea and posted it) for lr. I'm not br'ing these very intensely, as my focus is purely on getting it right, not on timing (that can come later in my opinion). When I get a question wrong or am not confident in how I got it right, I watch the video explanation and then (as I've seen in other posts) cut the question out and (lightly so I can't see through the paper) write the answer on the back. Here's the actual point of this post:

Starting on Monday, I put all of the cut outs throughout the week on questions I got wrong into the plastic sleeve (be it 2, 10, or 20). On Sunday evening, I write on the sleeve the dates I am allowed to/must go back and solve all of the cut out questions I had previously gotten wrong - the following Saturday-Sunday.

So, the weekdays become days to go through new problem sets in the morning before work (I work full-time) and on the commute to and from work (for once I love MTA delays as it gives me more time to go through questions). The weeknights become the time to move forward in the cc on new topics and the weekends become time to go back and retry questions and work at them. If I don't answer a question correctly or confidently that was already a cut out, then in it goes into the next week's plastic sleeve.

Just an idea! Hoping this helps me not let any question go unattacked from the cc. I also think this is an easy way to keep up my lr even as I move into the lg portion of the curriculum.

Also would love to hear advice from other folks on this! I'm approaching lg similarly and will begin to balance this out once I wrap up the cc and move into the stage of PT and br.

Comments

• just.jaubsjust.jaubs Alum Member
    38 karma

I like this method, thanks for sharing! I'm in about the same situation. I've finished the LR CC and heading into LGs and starting to try to foolproof-- and I also work full-time! Are you PTing now too? I have not yet upgraded from Starter to Ultimate, but I am contemplating it a lot right now. How are finding juggling to keep LR skills sharpenin while taking on LG's too?

• stormstorm Member
    261 karma

@"just.jaubs" said:
    I like this method, thanks for sharing! I'm in about the same situation. I've finished the LR CC and heading into LGs and starting to try to foolproof-- and I also work full-time! Are you PTing now too? I have not yet upgraded from Starter to Ultimate, but I am contemplating it a lot right now. How are finding juggling to keep LR skills sharpenin while taking on LG's too?

Thanks and you're welcome! Happy to hear I'm not the only one complimenting the fool-proofing time. I actually am finding it very helpful - I get bored and lose focus when I am zoning in on just one thing, so it is honestly necessary for me. Further, I think that the increased scope on what I'm studying helps my morale stay consistent (if I have a very bad LG day with fool-proofing, I end the day with some easier questions of an LR question type I need practice on to help out).

I also think that LR and LG can compliment one another in helping me thinking about conditions and what they do to an argument, so I like looking at them together.

I am PTing, but taking a bit of a break. I took ~3 PTs and it is clear to me that I need to work on N.A. and Flaw questions, as they are my biggest detractor in the LR section. LG are actually in a pretty decent place given where I'm at in my studying course (I do a lot of analytics-focused coding in my full-time job, so conditions and variables are something I'm constantly working at, which I'm sure must help in some way). I'll begin PTing again once I've really taken the time to improve in those 2 weak question types (when you upgrade to Ultimate +, you have over 20 problem sets for each of those question types alone, which is ~dreamy~). Once I feel confident in those types, I imagine I'll have done quite a lot more of fool-proofing. Then I'll take another PT to see whether my drilling is paying off (also to provide more data on what question types I should be focusing on).

Highly recommend the upgrade, especially if you work full-time. We don't have a lot of time in the day to study, so I think we (like probably everyone) need to approach this surgically and do our best to spend our study time in the areas where we truly need it.