Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOCI for pending application?

saturnsunsaturnsun Free Trial Member

Hey all!

So I got my scholarship offer from UCLA, but feel that I can't begin negotiating with them until I have my (hopefully) acceptance + scholarship from USC, since that is a closely ranked school + in the same area.

I have generous offers from WUSTL and Loyola (and ASU and GW), though I'm not sure UCLA would be interested in competing with either of those schools due to lesser rank (Loyola) and different location (WUSTL).

I have 2 questions - first, how long is too long to wait to respond to UCLA's offer and begin negotiating? Should I just jump in with the offers from other schools and see if they bite? If they don't care to compete with what I currently have, can I open the conversation up again as soon as I get my USC info?

Second - I'm fairly certain I have the numbers and credentials to get into USC and get some money. Is it okay to write a LOCI for a school where your application is still pending? Or is that just reserved for waitlist decisions?

Thanks!!

Comments

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

Did you apply to Davis or UCI? Maybe those could be used to negotiate
    I dont think it could hurt to send an LOCI if it's been a couple months since you applied

• saturnsunsaturnsun Free Trial Member
    156 karma

@"surfy surf" said:
    Did you apply to Davis or UCI? Maybe those could be used to negotiate
    I dont think it could hurt to send an LOCI if it's been a couple months since you applied

No, I didn't apply to either Davis or UCI, unfortunately.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    edited February 2018 5254 karma

Maybe make a small spreadsheet to help leverage this on Google Sheets or something, then start drafts of responses.