Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Study Materials

gaflparalegalgaflparalegal Alum Member
in General 133 karma

Hello!! I am beginning my LSAT prep as a junior finishing up my bachelors. I have a year or so to prep, although I’d like to do it in less time- but I’m really hoping to get a good score to receive the best scholarship offers.

I am a visual learner but also like having tangible materials while I study. Would you recommend 7sage Ultimate or Ultimate+? Also which supplemental printed materials would you guys recommend? Or would it be better to print the 7sage materials provided with the course?
Thank you in advance- Kathy

Comments

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

Hi Kathy,
    If you’re able to get the Ultimate+ course. I’m also a junior on a similar timeline (hoping to take in September) and I bought the Starter course and wish I had just bought Ultimate+ from the beginning. 7Sage is such an amazing and comprehensive resource that supplementary materials really aren’t necessary. They could actually confuse you if the approaches are too different, which they probably will be. Definitely get Ultimate+ if you can - you won’t regret it. Good luck with your studies!

• gaflparalegalgaflparalegal Alum Member
    133 karma

Thank you!! I appreciate your response. Do you like the video presentation? I’ve done a ton of research looking at the various online courses and their video presentations. The best videos I’ve seen (for my personal style) is 7sage and Manhattan Prep, but as you mentioned I don’t want to confuse myself by doing too much.

Good luck in September!! I’m debating between September and waiting till January.

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

@gaflparalegal No problem! I'm happy to help! I really like the video presentation. It beats reading a book by a mile. I also really like how you can read the comments and ask questions for each video so there's always help if you need it. Everything is very interactive. The 7Sage community is amazing and another reason why I recommend 7Sage.

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

Ultimate Plus all the way. You get way more problem sets and most importantly having video explanations to virtually all the practice tests is so helpful. JY's explanations are entertaining, informative and not longer than necessary.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

I also like the videos. They don't stack up on desks and make a paper mess. :) And you can always return to things you want to find again.