Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To Rescore or Not? Advice!

heather.falconheather.falcon Core Member
in General 38 karma

As with many of you, I eagerly awaited the results of the February 2018 test. I found out this morning that I absolutely BOMBED the test. I scored a 139, which is a full 10 points lower than my average practice test scores and I've never scored lower than a 144.
Obviously I'm heartbroken and upset, but should I take this defeat and study harder next time or take the risk and have my test rescored by hand? I see that it's $100 to have it rescored, which isn't exactly cheap.

*disclaimer: I had to move homes during the heaviest part of my studying, so perhaps that stress was a factor in my poor score..

Comments

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

Did the test feel like it went well or poorly?

I doubt rescoring it by hand will change anything. That's probably more useful with the disclosed tests where you can see a scanned in copy of your answer sheet and know that the scantron misgraded one question where you had erased an answer and that one question is the difference between one score and another.

There just isn't really any way for the scantron to miss enough questions to make up 10 points. If you misbubbled a whole section and didn't notice or something that could do it, but the handgrader would still mark those wrong.

• heather.falconheather.falcon Core Member
    38 karma

@"Seeking Perfection" said:

That's the odd part.. I felt very good about it! I was stressed and tired afterwards, but overall I felt good. Perhaps I should upgrade to the Ultimate and spend more time before I retake it again.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

@"heather.falcon" said:

@"Seeking Perfection" said:

That's the odd part.. I felt very good about it! I was stressed and tired afterwards, but overall I felt good. Perhaps I should upgrade to the Ultimate and spend more time before I retake it again.

Maybe. Also take a disclosed test so you know what happened and what you missed. My first test was last February and it killed me not knowing exactly what my mistakes were too.