Fool Proofing - Silly Mistakes?

stormstorm Member
in Logic Games 261 karma

Hello!

Quick question - when you are fool proofing and make a silly mistake by reading a question incorrectly that you then fix in blind review, do you take the time to add that to your "must full proof" list? Or, do you just move on?

Further, do you look at each game individually and try to get it under the time restrictions 7Sage suggests, or do you calculate your overall timing on a section and see what time you came in at and go from there?

Thanks!

Comments

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    2124 karma

I add that to my fool proof list because it's easy to brush off mistakes as being minor. Every detail counts and any mistake made is worth looking at again.

When I fool proof on an initial try of a game, I use a stop watch to track how long each individual game took, after which I'll compare it to the 7sage suggested time. If I'm not under the suggested time I add it to my fool proof list.

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    edited March 2018 3652 karma

Are you using the Pacifico fool proof strategy? You should go through the entire game 3x over the span of a week, so you shouldn’t be making silly mistakes by the time you go over it the 3rd time. And you shouldn’t have to FP individual questions.