Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beginner question

gaflparalegalgaflparalegal Alum Member
in General 133 karma

Hello!! I have over a year to study and try to reach my ideal score. I have the LSAT Trainer but haven’t started. I’d like to try 7sage. Would you recommend the Starter for basics and then upgrade as needed or read through the Trainer first?

My concern is I can only afford the Starter right now, so if it would make sense to wait I can do that as well.

Thank you in advance!!

Comments

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

My n=1 opinion, since funds are limited and you already have it, I would do the Trainer first (including all of the exercises and drills included) and then join 7Sage. Prior to joining 7Sage, I completed the Trainer, the Manhattan LR and Powerscore LG books. Now that I'm going through the 7Sage CC, I find myself learning more and developing a greater understanding of the skills & knowledge the LSAT tests.

All that being said, I've gotten much more from the 7Sage CC than I did from all of the above and I'm definitely glad I joined. I'm almost half way through the CC and I just told my wife that I'm itching to do a PT to see if I have improved at all (I won't, I just want to). However, I don't know if I would have picked up as much as quick as I have from the CC if I hadn't already been exposed to the material from other sources.

No matter what you decide, good luck with your studies.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

Just so you know, the lessons (Core Curriculum) are the same across all levels (Starter, Premium, Ultimate, Ultimate+). The difference among the levels is the amount of practice materials.

I liked the LSAT Trainer and I'm sure that doing the Trainer is enough for some people, but I think 7Sage is much more comprehensive as a program.

You can purchase first and upgrade to a higher level later. (This is what I did! I bought Starter and then upgraded it to Ultimate+) As you may know, upgrading can give you +1 month per upgrade level. But you can contact @studentservice to see if they can add more months to your plan: https://7sage.com/contact-us/

As @LSAT_Wrecker says, good luck, no matter what path you take :smile:

• LastLSATLastLSAT Alum Member
    edited April 2018 1028 karma

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

Hi @gaflparalegal
    To be completely honest with you, the LSAT Trainer did not help me at all aside from teaching me very, very basic things such as what is the premise, conclusion, etc. of an argument and the different question stems. It's terrible for logic games. It shows some basic diagraming but besides that it was useless. I don't think a book is a great way to study for the LSAT, especially for logic games. Overall, I felt the book was extremely repetitive and didn't go into depth enough. It didn't teach me logic at all, which is absolutely necessary to get a high score on the LSAT. My biggest regret with studying so far has been wasting time with the Trainer and not going straight to 7Sage. I felt lost as lost when I began the Trainer as when I finished it. I read very chapter and followed a study schedule with the exercises for a few months. I know other people have had great experiences with it but that just wasn't my experience. Sorry if this it too honest, I just don't want you to waste valuable studying time like I did. I bought the Starter pack in January and I'm a little over halfway through the Core Curriculum. 7Sage truly is as amazing as everyone says it is. It's so comprehensive that I'm not planning on using any other resource. It gives you a great theoretical and practical framework. I love the videos and how interactive it is by being able to post in forums such as this one. You can comment under the videos with questions and someone is always willing to help. Let me know if you have any other questions about 7Sage and I'd be happy to help.

• gaflparalegalgaflparalegal Alum Member
    133 karma

Thank you @LastLSAT and @Emily2122.
    Congrats on getting to 172 that is awesome. I think I’m going to read through the Trainer, or at least see if it might be a good fit and then go for the Ultimate or Ultimate+

@Emily2122 when are you planning on taking the LSAT?

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

The plan is to take it in September. If I have to push it to November I will but that’s a little late.