Post Co-Curriculum/Test Anxiety

Michelle ObamaMichelle Obama Alum Member
edited March 2018 in Study Groups 111 karma

help

Turns out this test scares the living s**t out of me. During CC, I had no problem killing the LR questions and often ended up with -4 on reading comp (loosely timed sections). I also spent the last two weeks drilling logic games with some difficulty but not paralyzing...

But then I took my first practice test since taking the december 2017 test yesterday. I tried my best to refocus but during section 4 Logic games, I froze and stared at the test for the last 10 minutes.

I'm looking for some advice to dip my feet in the water and kill this test by the June LSAT. Help a sista out!!

Comments

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

Hey! What kind of LG types are giving you most problem? What was it about LG that made you freeze? Were you not sure as to how to diagram the rules? Did making inferences give you trouble? Don't worry too much about messing your first practice test. It is practice after all and as Will Smith puts it, practice is controlled failure. You want to not be afraid of failing, especially in a controlled setting like in practice tests, so that you can learn from your mistakes and continue growing.

• Michelle ObamaMichelle Obama Alum Member
    111 karma

Thanks for responding! Its actually double layer sequencing and grouping games that get me. I Fool proofed most of the sequencing games in the sequencing lessons. I just started fool proofing in/out games. When I got to PT 36, I couldn't get through the first game without getting stuck or forgetting basic in/out rules which then made me timid to make inferences.