Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

C&F Addendum...

sberg2014sberg2014 Alum Member
edited March 2018 in General 63 karma

I'm sure this is the umpteenth time a post like this has showed up, but I would appreciate your perspectives.

I've been studying myself into the ground for the LSAT and I don't want this to preclude me from getting into my dream schools.

Comments

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Dude... as someone who attended a Christian college as well... that is some serious bullshit. Geez. Financial incentive for turning in a fellow student? Good call on withdrawing.

Anyway...

I think you should carefully read the C&F prompts, but from my memory, I don't believe they would require you to disclose that. It's generally phrased as asking if you had ever been disciplined or sanctioned by a university. Which it sounds like, you weren't (because you withdrew). So unless they found you "guilty" of anything and had ever been punished, I think it's unlikely you would need to disclose it.

If a prompt says "have you ever been cited for a crime" it sounds like the answer would be no (not caught using marijuana). But (and I don't think this was ever a question) if a prompt were to ask if you had ever broken any law, then the answer would likely be yes. But I don't think that would be how it's phrased.

You'll probably just need to read each prompt carefully. And I would make sure to get the results of finding out if that was ever on record with the school. But each C&F question is phrased differently and some schools want more information than others (a few schools I applied to wanted info on minor traffic infractions and others specifically exclude that). So it's a case by case thing.

• TabbyG123TabbyG123 Member
    711 karma

@"Leah M B" said it perfectly!

Ho boy. If we had to disclose every law that we'd broken, that would be--I don't know--intense. Just make sure you don't have any formal disciplinarian actions, and if you don't, you're all clean to not disclose. The law school shouldn't have any reason to reach out to your school and ask questions.

The question of why you switched schools, however, would be something that schools might ask about.

• sberg2014sberg2014 Alum Member
    63 karma

Thanks y'all! The process of getting my records was supposed to take a week, but they got back with me today and told me that I had no discipline record of any kind. They originally told me they would put extra requirements on me if I wanted to re-enroll, which is why there was a question of having a record.

Well this college ranked on the top 10 most LGBT unfriendly schools in the US, and I identify as LGBT, so hopefully that's seen as a reasonable move...