Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do I include a fender bender in a C&F addendum?

Like_SpikeLike_Spike Live Member
edited September 2019 in Law School Admissions 203 karma

I had a very minor fender bender (I was at fault) a couple years ago that resulted in no damage to either car, but as a precaution we both wanted to have a police report filled out in case something arose. An officer filled one out and that was all. No citation, no warning by the officer, no insurance companies were involved, and no further issues ensued. Do I report this on an addendum? I'm not sure what specific wording—if any—under which this would qualify with respect to a C&F question's language.

Thanks for any help or advice in advance!

Comments

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

I wouldn't. I think they mean things like arrests, citations, etc.

• Selene SteelmanSelene Steelman Free Trial Member Admissions Consultant
    2037 karma

What you need to disclose will depend on the school's application instructions and the exact wording of the C&F questions. Different schools will have different requirements.

• Like_SpikeLike_Spike Live Member
    edited September 2019 203 karma

Right, I assumed as such. I wasn’t being very clear at the end there (and/or I chose a poor post title), sorry. What I meant to say was are there any indicator words or phrases that includes accident report (aside from the term itself)? For example, I take it that “citation,” “ticket,” “infraction,” or “violation” don’t qualify if only an accident report was written. Would it just say “traffic crash report” or would it be a less obvious term?

I apologize if it sounds like a finicky question. I’m just trying to limit my addenda and minimize extra materials to read in my applications.

• SuperMario929SuperMario929 Alum Member
    464 karma

There wasn’t a court proceeding (I presume?) and you were not found guilty of a felony or misdemeanor. I think you’re all good not reporting it!

• Like_SpikeLike_Spike Live Member
    203 karma

Thanks @SuperMario929!