Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unranked wait list in my top school of choice...are there any strategies?

I just got an email stating that I was wait listed...in the top school of my choice. I'm extremely ecstatic, but I also do not know how to get my self off the wait list, if it's possible.
The school said that the wait list is unranked...which I'm assuming means that I'm in a pool of applicants that are very similar to me? I'm just glad I'm not rejected, but I don't know where else to go at this point.

This is what the email states:

"we keep an unranked wait list and we will monitor commitments made by our admitted students regularly in the coming months so that you may be informed at the earliest possible time of any offers that we are able to extend to those on our wait list. "

They made me fill out a form that stated I was still interested, but I'm not sure if I need to do an LOCI. What else can I do, should I e-mail them and ask if I should take the June LSAT to improve my score, or if I go visit the law school, is there anyway that they can know...? Should I send an LOCI anyway...?

What are your guys' opinions?

Comments

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

Send a well researched letter of continued interest. This is so they know you will attend if they extend you a spot.

Absolutely retake if you think you can do better on the LSAT. Unless accepted, you'll still be on the waitlist in July and your school will probably still be trying to fill spots. If you are on the waitlist right now the best way to move to the top of it is to let them know you will attend with a LOCI and make yourself more desirable to admit with a better LSAT score.