Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I switch my test date?

sberg2014sberg2014 Alum Member
in General 63 karma

I'm scheduled to take the June test right now... 10 days after the school year lets out. (I'm a teacher).

I've only been studying for about a month now. My goal is a 170, and right now I'm inconsistently hitting the high 160s with my initial diagnostic in the 150s. I have 10 weeks and 5 days left, and I have a schedule to study 6 days a week.

I thought I had a conflict with the July test, but it turns out I don't. Should I pay the 100 dollar rescheduling fee and take the extra 5 weeks of studying? Those five weeks I'll be out of work too. So in reality, I'd probably be doubling the amount of study time I have left.

What do y'all think?

LSAT Date
  1. When should I take the LSAT?30 votes
    1. Stick with June
      26.67%
    2. Switch to July
      73.33%

Comments

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

June is still a while away and you are so close to 170 that I think you can make it by then. The extra time to study is nice but the July test is undisclosed. If it doesn't go as well as you had planned, you really have no way to see what went wrong. All you get is your score. If you are comfortable with that then it's worth considering whether to switch to July.

• Tom_TangoTom_Tango Alum Member
    902 karma

take both

• LastLSATLastLSAT Alum Member
    edited April 2018 1028 karma

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4428 karma

I would still plan the June take and also schedule a September take.

If you absolutely need to, you can always cancel the June take then. But if you don't feel like you can be ready for June I don't think July is a good idea. It seems better to me to save your LSAT money for a retake in September with a couple months of solid study time.

LSAT studying takes time to sink in. I think the ten weeks of non-full time studying are more valuable than 5 of full time.

Scheduling a September test will probably also relieve some of the stress on you during your June take. Hopefully, then you will have a good 170+ June score to take off some of the stress as you study for and take the September test.