Already Admitted - Does visiting impact financial aid decision?

seharris14seharris14 Alum Member

I have been admitted to a few schools, and one of them has not yet given me their financial aid decision. It has been about a month since I was admitted, and I completed my financial aid application forms shortly thereafter. I am worried about the fact that I have yet to hear back from them. I'll note that they let me know I must submit all of the materials to them by March 15th in order to have an offer back from them by the seat deposit deadline of April 30th, so perhaps they always take a relatively long time.

My question is this: does my attending or not attending their upcoming admitted students weekend influence their decision on my financial aid? For context I'll add that their aid is based on demonstrated need and I come from a very low income background.

Thank you so much for reading! Please share your thoughts.

Comments

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4428 karma

I don't think the ASW is going to help get good financial aid nor do I think it will harm your chances. If you can go though it might inform you about the school which could help you make your choice.

• seharris14seharris14 Alum Member
    100 karma

Perhaps I was overthinking it and freaking out about nothing. It's hard for me to resist reading into these things. Thank you so much for your reply! I really appreciate it.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4428 karma

@seharris14 said:
    Perhaps I was overthinking it and freaking out about nothing. It's hard for me to resist reading into these things. Thank you so much for your reply! I really appreciate it.

Yeah, I can see why you might think it would. But they already let you in so they are invested either way. And it's not like going to the ASW means you are automatically going to attend so they still have to negotiate.