Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NYU Under review?

mcglz_64mcglz_64 Alum Member
in General 891 karma

Does NYU send out notification if you are under review for first second or third rounds? I saw something on reddit that indicated that NYU applicants can see if they had several “under review” dates. I’ve been “under review” since late Feb, or at least that the status date on my status checker...

Comments

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

Ehm I'm not sure. I got a random e-mail from them on March 5th saying my application was "Still Under Review." I was admitted March 28th. Idk if this helps you but that was my timeline.

• mcglz_64mcglz_64 Alum Member
    891 karma

@"Paul Caint" said:
    Ehm I'm not sure. I got a random e-mail from them on March 5th saying my application was "Still Under Review." I was admitted March 28th. Idk if this helps you but that was my timeline.

Thanks Paul! Did you track your review dates at all? Only found out about "UR1" UR 2" etc. yesterday.

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

No I didn't unfortunately :\

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

How many people do we think applied this year for NYU over the last two years?

• marcosmcqueenmarcosmcqueen Member
    241 karma

UR1, UR2, UR3 are unofficial ways in which people refer to date changes in the section titled Current Status Date. When the status checker first says "Application under review" folks describe themselves as being UR1. Periodically the Current Status Date will change, which we assume means that your application has moved to a different stage of the review process. None of us know what it actually means, whether it indicates something about your chances or whether it suggests anything about how long you'll wait for a decision. There are a lot of theories out there but they're just that.

The email mentioned above is not a UR change. It's what you'll see people referring to as the "Hold Tight Email". There are lots of theories about this as well, but not real facts. In past years it seemed to be a precursor to being waitlisted, but this year it's clearly not. A bunch of folks have been admitted after receiving the email. As crazy as it may seem, the Hold Tight Email may simply mean that they're reviewing your application and want to communicate to you that they need you to hold tight while they consider your candidacy.