Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Potentially taking June LSAT to get off waitlists

hlkoo1212hlkoo1212 Alum Member
edited April 2018 in Law School Admissions 130 karma

Hi!

Do you know if people have successfully taken the June LSAT to get off waitlists? I'm waitlisted at a couple of my top-choice schools and I wonder if even a 1-2 point increase could be helpful in getting admitted. I would get my score in early July. I don't believe that LOCI would be very helpful in distinguishing people (everyone sends them all talking about how much they love school xyz...)so I'm stuck on how to increase my chances of getting off the waitlist.

But then again, I wonder if retaking is worth the shot because its a long ordeal and I'm not really confident on scoring higher.

Advice/inputs would be appreciated if you know people who got off the waitlist this way

Comments

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

A one point or 2 point difference could work. Whats your lsat score? If tthe 1 or 2 point increase puts u above the median lsat, it should work

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    edited April 2018 3072 karma

Which schools? Can you guarantee a score increase in June?

If you can't guarantee a score increase, or if you just don't want to, then go to Michigan! Michigan is an amazing school. Northwestern is pretty incredible, too. :]

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

You may end up there with some pretty smart peeps. @"Seeking Perfection"